Re: [NH] A Link to open new window ....

  • John-Marc
    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 29, 2000
      Here's the Javascript version. It is the only way you can specify window size and position

      " >

      otherwise, it is:

      <A HREF="http://www.bordercolliesnstuff.com/images/corgifair.jpg"
      TARGET="_blank" >(See picture .. )</A>

      Message 2 of 6 , Oct 29, 2000
        29/10/00 19:21:40

        Go to my website but at the second homepage (normally) which avoids retriggering the
        counter at http://www.worsfold98.freeserve.co.uk/twowin.html where a small window
        opens and also an even smaller one opens on leaving the website altogether. Check
        the source javascript code, shows how it is done. These scripts are usually available for
        free.

        Adrian Worsfold

        web: http://www.pluralist.co.uk
        email: adrian@...
        Message 3 of 6 , Oct 29, 2000
          Hi JSB,

          You may go to my Snatch-A-Clip site as well to see an example. I
          don't do the code; just asked the folk on the list and I think it
          was Grant that gave it to me, then I modified it.

          To see them work click on any "Snatch this Clip" button. To see
          the page it is calling look at the link after the "Open second
          window:" statements.

          http://www.sureword.com/notetab/html/snatchclp.html

          http://www.sureword.com/notetab

          The NoteTab and Html List...
          mailto:Ntb-html-Subscribe@...
          Message 4 of 6 , Oct 29, 2000
            Hi Whoever,

            I happened to be in the neighborhood building a new Clip for
            Snatch-A-Clip, or should I say adding one, and anyhow:

            <SCRIPT TYPE="text/javascript">
            <!--
            function Openme(newin) {
            flyout=window.open(newin,"flyout","resizable=yes,scrollbars=yes,width=300,height=200,top=200,left=230")
            }
            // -->
            </SCRIPT>

            The flyout= is one line.

            http://www.sureword.com/notetab

            The NoteTab and Html List...
            mailto:Ntb-html-Subscribe@...
          • Bill Scott
            Message 5 of 6 , Oct 30, 2000
              Thanks ... Adrian , John and Jody .....

              I used the form version of the javascript .... I knew how to do
              this ..... I thought I had seen somewhere someone do a simple text
              click that opened up a new window I think that probably was John's
              version anyway I had already installed the form so stayed with it
              ... it is really nice to have so many collaborators .....

              Thanks ...

              the results are at

              http://www.bordercolliesnstuff.com/booklis.htm

              cheers