983RE: [NH] XHML and all that

    Oct 11, 2000
      Hi Greg,

      >I hate to join the "Let's bash Jody" brigade, but as we're into blockquoting...

      No problem - I've been bashed by the best. ;)

      >From: http://www.htmlhelp.com/reference/html40/BLOCK/blockquote.html
      >
      >Authors should not use BLOCKQUOTE for unquoted material just to
      >achieve a block indentation in common visual browsers. With the
      >rise of style sheets,

      Ask me if I care what he/she/they think/say, etc. about how I want to
      write my code. ;)

      >In short you'd be much better off with something like:
      >
      >.inset{
      > margin-left: 10%;
      > margin-right: 10%;
      >}
      >
      >in a style tag/sheet and a <p class="inset">
      >
      >It really isn't that difficult! Honest!

      I've use that and <BLOCKQUOTE>. <BLOCKQUOTE> is much easier.
      The only reason I went to .css on some of my pages is because of
      Opera and I might just get in the mood someday to change it back
      to <BLOCKQUOTE>. <g>

      http://www.sureword.com/notetab

      The NoteTab and Html List...
      mailto:Ntb-html-Subscribe@...