944Re: [NH] HELP ME PLEEEEEEEEASE !!!!!!!

  • -=/ Cees /=-
    Sep 29, 2000
      Hello John,

      Saturday, September 30, 2000, 8:06:36 AM, you wrote:

      J> Hi I've been working on this page and I decided to use an image as a
      J> background so I did this:

      J> now what I would like to do is to put a floating frame over the top but
      J> still be able too see the picture through the page in the frame
      J> eg:

      J> blah blah blah
      J> <iframe src="General history.html" width="100%" height="80%" align="middle"
      frameborder="0">></iframe>
      J> blah blah blah

      J> I found a tag option in interdev for frame's "allowtransparency"
      J> but haven't been able to get it to work.

      J> DO I need to get the page to be transparent or the frame?

      I'd say the frame, since the purpose of a frame is to show another html-file.
      BUT, hence it does show another html-file, it also uses a body tag. Which
      then overrules the body-tag of the main html-file.

      So, I think it would be much easier if you'd use the same values from the
      original body-tag for the iFrame's body-tag.

      Even more easier would it be if you'd use an external style-sheet for both
      html-files. Then you can just stick with <BODY> and the style-sheet does the
      rest.

      For instance, you could write something like this :

      [StyleSheet.css]

      body {
      background-color: White;
      background : url(../Images/iceberg.jpg) no-repeat fixed center;
      font-size : 12pt;
      font-style: normal;
      font-weight: normal;
      font-variant: normal;
      margin-left: 0px;
      margin-top: 0px;
      text-align : justify;
      }

      J> Any help on this matter would be greatly appreciated.

      Well, hope this helps.

      -=/ Cees /=-
      http://dierhulp.nb.nu/

      Me Tarzan, UNIX!