7361Re: [NH] CSS drop down menus

    Jan 26, 2014
      Mike Breiding - Morgantown WV wrote:
      > There are indeed lots of good ones.
      > But all the expanding (accordion) menus I saw used js.

      Scripting isn't that bad actually (bet you didn't expect me to say that),
      provided you provide a non-script css-only alternative first and overwrite
      that through a script. The advantage is, the non-scripted version need not
      be as nice and elegant, as long as it's functional, as those visitors who
      get to see it have already told you, they don't care much about these
      things. For all the rest scripting is fine, so why not let them have it?
      As long as it's not purely gratuitous but really enhances something,
      scripting does have its place in good design. It must not be mandatory for
      basic functionality but that's about it as far as restrictions go.