7334Re: [NH] Position Image Using CSS

  • Marcelo Bastos
    Nov 21, 2013
      Interviewed by CNN on 21/11/2013 09:11, Ray Shapp told the world:

      > The <figcaption> tag is supported in Internet Explorer 9, Firefox,
      > Opera, Chrome, and Safari.
      >
      > *Note:* Internet Explorer 8 and earlier versions, do not support the
      > <figcaption> tag.
      >
      > Is this comment incorrect?

      No, this is right, I missed that. So, yeah, XP users who are still using
      IE are going to have problems. That's a lot more than the 5% I quoted
      before -- IE7 is just a drop in the bucket, but IE8 actually is
      estimated to be more than 20% of the public. So, yeah, 1/4 of visitors
      might have problems. Too many to disregard, I guess. So, I reverse my
      previous comment -- unless you are pretty sure that your public mostly
      uses modern browsers (that's my market, so it didn't cause problems for
      me), it's a bit early to push <figure> and <figcaption> to general usage.

      > I like the use of <table> for just the image and caption because
      > that's something familiar, but is there a way to float the table?

      Sure -- just apply "float:right" to the entire table. Any block element
      can be floated, this is not a new thing, has been a part of CSS since...
      I don't know, CSS 1.0 I guess, a long time ago.

      --
      MCBastos

      -=-=-
      ... Sent from my Odyssey2.