7315Re: [NH] Converting Maximum Tags through Document to HTML

  • Marcelo Bastos
    Aug 15, 2013
      Interviewed by CNN on 15/08/2013 16:57, Axel Berger told the world:
      > Roopakshi Pathania wrote:
      >> My aim is to first create a plain text, and then generate html
      >> from this file that I can paste in the html editor of my blog.
      > Take a look at the Markdown syntax, it may well be just what you're
      > looking for.
      >
      > http://daringfireball.net/projects/markdown/syntax.php

      I think the OP means to ask for some way to automatically convert the
      plaintext to HTML _inside Notetab_. Markdown is an interesting idea, but
      the means they offer to perform the conversion is through a Perl script.
      Which means you have to install Perl to do the conversion (or integrate
      the conversion into the server blogging software, like other lightweight
      markup languages -- BBcode, MediaWiki and such -- often do).

      What would be nice is a Notetab clip that did the conversion. Even an
      incomplete implementation of Markdown (or other lightweight language,
      for that matter) would be helpful. Is anybody aware of such a clip?
      Considering that Notetab already uses the PCRE engine for regular
      expressions, it should be possible to reuse parts of the Markdown Perl
      script to do the job...

      --
      MCBastos

      -=-=-