7208Re: [NH] valid html5

    Aug 19, 2012
      Adrien Verlee wrote:
      > > <!--[if gt IE 8]><html class="no-js" lang="en"><![endif]-->
      >
      >This is better.
      >Did not dare to touch it because I was uncertain ... and still do not.
      >Because it's weird, right? They provide a template and with the first
      >lines they go wrong?

      It was HTML5Boilerplate that created that? Sorry, don't know anything
      about the site, first time I've heard of it. But if they did this I'd
      be wary, sure.

      I'm not that read up about HTML5 yet, but as Marcelo I don't think
      you would need to change much, if anything, if you had valid (X)HTML
      Strict before. If it is Transitional, more work, but I don't see how
      converting Transitional to Strict could be done automatically in a
      usable way. If you have Strict now, have you tried just slopping the
      HTML5 doctype on and see what the validator thinks?