7043Re: [NH] Markdown Library Script

  • lorellevanfossen
    Nov 23, 2011
      Markdown is an old web language code used on websites and forums, which is why I brought it here. NoteTab easily converts documents into HTML and I want to convert a document written with markdown language into HTML. I don't know what the markdown.pl perl script is unless it converts a markdown written article into HTML.

      For example see http://www.asianefficiency.com/technology/multimarkdown-and-scrivener-for-efficient-blogging/ I know that some text editors convert markdown documents into HTML and I remembered something from years ago that NoteTab might, but it might have been in reference to that markdown.pl script.

      Does that help make it clear what I'm asking?

      --- In ntb-html@yahoogroups.com, "Sheri" <silvermoonwoman@...> wrote:
      > --- In ntb-html@yahoogroups.com, "lorellevanfossen" <lorelleonwordpress@> wrote:
      > >
      > > So let me try and understand this.
      > >
      > > If I install Perl (from the link below?) on a Windows 7
      > > machine, it will work in the background with NoteTab or it
      > > will need to be added to the libraries...
      > Hi Lorelle,
      > I had never heard of "markdown" until now. It is a perl script, markdown.pl, and Axel thought you were asking about using markdown.pl from a NoteTab clip.
      > To do that, you need perl and markdown.pl (obviously), plus a clip which you would create in one of your NoteTab clip libraries with at least one line, e.g.:
      > ^!RunPerl "C:\mypath\markdown.pl"
      > I don't know if anyone ever created a NoteTab clip that independently does everything in markdown.pl, but NoteTab does have a menu choice to convert from text to html, i.e, Modify->Document->To HTML, as well as a clip function ^$StrtoHTML$. One of those might meet your needs without recreating markdown in clipcode.
      > We should probably continue this discussion on the clips list.
      > Regards,
      > Sheri
    • Show all 10 messages in this topic