7042Re: [NH] Markdown Library Script

  • Sheri
    Nov 20, 2011
      --- In ntb-html@yahoogroups.com, "lorellevanfossen" <lorelleonwordpress@...> wrote:

      > So let me try and understand this.
      >
      > If I install Perl (from the link below?) on a Windows 7
      > machine, it will work in the background with NoteTab or it
      > will need to be added to the libraries...

      Hi Lorelle,

      I had never heard of "markdown" until now. It is a perl script, markdown.pl, and Axel thought you were asking about using markdown.pl from a NoteTab clip.

      To do that, you need perl and markdown.pl (obviously), plus a clip which you would create in one of your NoteTab clip libraries with at least one line, e.g.:

      ^!RunPerl "C:\mypath\markdown.pl"

      I don't know if anyone ever created a NoteTab clip that independently does everything in markdown.pl, but NoteTab does have a menu choice to convert from text to html, i.e, Modify->Document->To HTML, as well as a clip function ^$StrtoHTML$. One of those might meet your needs without recreating markdown in clipcode.

      We should probably continue this discussion on the clips list.

      Regards,
      Sheri
    • Show all 10 messages in this topic