7041Re: [NH] Markdown Library Script

  • lorellevanfossen
    Nov 20, 2011
      Herein lies the problem with this. I don't want to mess with Perl. Left that years ago and was perfectly happy not to return.

      Looking through the rest of the replies but this sounds like a search and replace thing. Find the markdown symbols and replace them with HTML. Simple clean up job, but then I'm not the best expert in NoteTab. :D

      Lorelle

      > lorellevanfossen wrote:
      > > I thought there was a clip or library for converting markdown to
      > > HTML. I've searched through everything and come up empty.
      >
      > That script is part of Markdown itself, Unfortunately it's written in
      > Perl, requires Perl 5.6.0 and up, and can be used in Movable Type, in
      > Blosxom, and in BBedit but not in Notetab.
      >
      > To me the Perl code looks very strange and it would require a lot of
      > work to convert it to a clip. Does clip do recursive functions?
      >
      > If I had to, I'd do what I usually do and write a clip made up of
      > Replaces starting with the current subset and adding elements as needed.
      > That's how my converters from TeX to HTML, from text to TeX and others
      > grew. They are nice preprocessors and do most of the routine work, they
      > lessen the manual job a lot but can't and don't do it all.
      >
      > If Markdown is important for you then I suggest using Perl and perhaps
      > one of the GUIs named above.
      >
      > Axel

    • Show all 10 messages in this topic