7036Re: [NH] Markdown Library Script

    Nov 19, 2011
      lorellevanfossen wrote:
      > I thought there was a clip or library for converting markdown to
      > HTML. I've searched through everything and come up empty.

      That script is part of Markdown itself, Unfortunately it's written in
      Perl, requires Perl 5.6.0 and up, and can be used in Movable Type, in
      Blosxom, and in BBedit but not in Notetab.

      To me the Perl code looks very strange and it would require a lot of
      work to convert it to a clip. Does clip do recursive functions?

      If I had to, I'd do what I usually do and write a clip made up of
      Replaces starting with the current subset and adding elements as needed.
      That's how my converters from TeX to HTML, from text to TeX and others
      grew. They are nice preprocessors and do most of the routine work, they
      lessen the manual job a lot but can't and don't do it all.

      If Markdown is important for you then I suggest using Perl and perhaps
      one of the GUIs named above.