6997Specify BorderColor in Table Tag?

  • Ray Shapp
    Apr 4, 2011
      To all,

      One of my web pages validates in all respects except I get a warning because
      bordercolor in a <Table> tag is proprietary.

      The following did not produce yellow borders around the cells of the table:

      style="bordercolor: #FFCC00" cellspacing="0" width="800">

      The following does produce the desired yellow borders, but it fails
      validation with the "proprietary" warning.

      bordercolor="#FFCC00" cellspacing="0" width="800">

      Yes, I know I ought to abandon tables altogether and do all my formatting in
      CSS, but I'm not ready to do that just yet. Please tell me if I can retain
      the use of the Table tag and change the border color in a valid way. The
      page already uses an external style sheet in other areas. Maybe there is a
      way to attach a border color attribute to the table by doing so in the style
      sheet. I tried several variations of table { ... } but none worked.

      Thank you for your help.

      Ray Shapp