6995Re: [NH] Use of "content" CSS elements in IE

    Mar 31, 2011
      "brother.gabriel" wrote:
      > won't display in IE7.
      > Is this for real, or is there a way to make it work?

      It is, neither before nor after nor content are supported. For things
      like that I recommend the excellent tables by Peter Paul Koch at
      http://www.quirksmode.org/compatibility.html

      Being lazy and a bit of a compatibility nut, my solution is to stay well
      clear of all those newfangled inventions and stick to tradition. If you
      do fancy all the newest and greatest then you're in for a lot of testing
      and workarounds. PPK's comprehensive tables are invaluable then.