6979Re: [NH] Use Of target="_blank"

    Mar 26 3:13 PM
      loro wrote:
      > So don't open new windows then. :-)

      Quite. The point Ray made was, that you never know beforehand, who's
      going to do the nasty on you. You you either open new windows right,
      left, and centre or you're sure to end up bitten - both equally not
      nice. So the browser makers thought of that too - they thought of a lot
      of things to block the nasties, be it tiny script or garish colour - and
      offer the extended back function.

      The point we're both agreed on, I think, is: don't second guess your
      visitors, don't attempt to think for them, but make it so, that they are
      given the maximum of power and freedom to do their own thing with their
      own tools.

      The WDR radio website seems to have one of those bigger/smaller buttons
      that use script to change the font size, but when you click it, a page
      opens explaining exactly how to do that in several of the common
      browsers. Personally I find that kind of thing a bit condescending and
      wouldn't do it myself, but if that's what it takes, then why not?