      From: ntb-html@yahoogroups.com [mailto:ntb-html@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of John
      Sent: Thursday, February 03, 2011 2:56 PM
      To: ntb-html@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [NH] Question about special characters being replaced with '?' in HTML documents

      Hi All-

      I've been using Notetab for some time now and have yet to resolve an issue that has plagued me for some time.

      I use NT to edit website pages (primarily HTML and PHP). When cutting and pasting certain characters like " (quote) the
      character is replaced with a question mark.

      For example - if I paste the following from anotehr site:

      "We were never happy with the production. Perhaps we should have taken more time over the record. But now we've got the
      chance to improve things. There will be no re-recording, just a remix".

      It will appear in Notetab as:

      ?We were never happy with the production. Perhaps we should have taken more time over the record. But now we?ve got the
      chance to improve things. There will be no re-recording, just a remix?.

      However if I pasted the same into a blank notetab file, the single and double quotes appear.

      Can someone explain why NoteTab is replacing these valid characters with a question mark?

      Thanks so much-

      -John
      www.cygnus-x1.net