6942Re: [NH] Editing web pages online

  • Scott Fordin
    Nov 19, 2010
      There are, in fact, several text editors that make it possible to directly edit files over an FTP connection. That said, because this is a NoteTab list, it is in bad taste (and against list guidelines) to recommend products that compete in the same space as NoteTab.

      Moreover, as previously stated, unless you're using a proper CMS, like Drupal, you're playing with fire if you regularly edit files directly on a website rather than following version control and data backup best practices. But that's just me: a geezer who's arguably OCD when it comes to backing up my work.

      Scott