6936Re: [NH] Editing web pages online

  • rhorbas@gmx.net
    Nov 19, 2010
      Hi Greg,

      > On 19 Nov 10 15:09 rhorbas@... said:
      >> Isn't KompoZer still a bit buggy? The latest stable release 0.7.10
      >> is, for me. (I haven't tried the 0.8 betas ...)
      >
      > I won't pretend that KompoZer is totally bug free, but for the
      > proposed task I do not forsee any problems at all

      My install of 0.7.10 ran pretty unstable with occasional crashes, but I
      never used it very often: I'm missing shortcuts for headings (CTRL+1 for
      h1, CTRL+2 for h2, etc.) for quick formatting. Here, my old DreamWeaver
      MX is still unbeaten; but as soon as KompoZer offered me that, I'd
      probably switch.
      (...)
      Oh, nice: I just checked 0.8b3, it runs pretty good. The split WYSIWYG
      and code view is handy, never noticed that before.

      >> I find the SeaMonkey Composer component quite OK, and it supports
      >> ftp publishing too:
      >> http://www.seamonkey-project.org/doc/features#composer
      >
      > I understand the 0.9 release will incorporate a lot of SeaMonkey code
      > but, of course, won't have the overhead of the entire package.

      Well, I have SeaMonkey installed anyway, so that's no problem for

      Rudi
    • Show all 24 messages in this topic