6923Re: [NH] Editing web pages online

  • Greg Chapman
    Nov 19, 2010
      Hi Mike,

      On 19 Nov 10 14:03 Mike Breiding - Morgantown WV
      <mike@...> said:
      > This goes beyond what I can expect from the individual who is
      > providing the captions. They want to add captions "live" while
      > viewing the web page.

      Always a dangerous approach, if you ask me. Where is your local
      backup, if the page is being edited from another location by another
      person?

      It's got to be better to give them a copy of the files. They can then
      edit and save locally and then upload. At least you have an off-site
      backup that way.

      Something like KompoZer ( http://www.kompozer.net ) is an excellent
      WYSIWYG editor, for helpers who are not too technical, although its
      publishing module is rather broken, so most on the KompoZer forum (
      http://wysifauthoring.informe.com/forum/ ) recommend FileZilla or
      FireFTP (a Firefox extension) for uploading the files.

      Greg
    • Show all 24 messages in this topic