6894Re: [NH] html > pdf and relative path

    Jul 24, 2010
      Adrien Verlee wrote:
      > Able to open files from the pdf, when the pdf is mailed, ftp-ed, etc.

      The problem with relative files is: relative to what exactly?

      I have just opened an index.htm of mine with many links to files in the
      same directory and saved that as a PDF onto another partition. All the
      relative links were correctly and automatically converted to fully
      qualified ones like
      <file:///F:/Webspace/berger-odenthal.de/aktuell/a-010428.htm>. All fully
      qualified links to some http:// were preserved verbatim and work. This
      is all one can ask for but no use when mailing the PDF. I have tried
      opening the same file from my server through http:// and ftp:// but
      OpenOffice seems unable to do that.

      So it seems the solution must be to convert all relative links to fully
      qualified ones pointing to your server, an extra step but a simple one
      in NoteTab. I agree that a conversion from relative to a configurable
      absolute path in OpenOffice export would be nice to have, but the one
      extra step is not that bad, is it?