6884Re: A Tags INOP in MSIE, But OK in Firefox

  • Ray Shapp
    Jun 9, 2010
      Hi Mick and All,

      In Intranet zone, the "Default level" button was not grayed out but not
      necessarily because of a custom setting. Merely by adjusting the slider to
      "Low" causes the "Default level" button to become active. When I pressed
      "Default level", the slider reverted to "Medium - Low". Pressing the button
      must have reset something else too because the A tag behavior became normal.

      I was also able to get rid of the warning message in a caution bar at the top
      of the page that says in part, "... Internet Explorer has restricted this
      webpage from running scripts or ActiveX controls...". On the Advanced tab, I
      added a checkmark to "Allow active content to run in files in My Computer".

      I am finally able to navigate the locally mirrored version of my website using
      MSIE, then view source in NoteTab, then make edits, then launch MSIE using F8
      to see results of the revisions. No more inoperative A tags. No more warning
      messages. Life is sweet!

      Many thanks to all who helped.

      Ray Shapp