6876Re: [NH] A Tags INOP in MSIE, But OK in Firefox

    Jun 8, 2010
      Greg Chapman wrote:
      >Tabbed browsers have been around for years, so don't we all routinely
      >wheel-click links to open them in a new tab, unless you are absolutely
      >certain you won't want to return?

      Nope. I use Ctrl+N to open a new window as I've always done. But most
      often i use the backbutton. ;-)

      >Use a STRICT doctype, where target= is invalid, and expect your
      >visitors to use their browser efficiently.

      Not a good idea, since Strict is rather limiting with a framed site.

      None of this has anything to do with Ray's problem though.
      Preferences are preferences. Everyone has theirs.