6875Re: [NH] A Tags INOP in MSIE, But OK in Firefox

  • Greg Chapman
    Jun 8, 2010
      Hi Mick,

      On 08 Jun 10 18:07 Mick Housel <motomania@...> said:
      > There is a link there so that folks can go download Adobe Reader,
      > this link opens in another window as the client does not want his
      > visitor to be taken away from his website while they download Adobe
      > Reader.

      What's the need for the separate window?

      Tabbed browsers have been around for years, so don't we all routinely
      wheel-click links to open them in a new tab, unless you are absolutely
      certain you won't want to return?(You also avoid all that "need to
      resend data" rubbish caused by using a BACK button!)

      I can barely remember the last time I left-clicked a link.

      Use a STRICT doctype, where target= is invalid, and expect your
      visitors to use their browser efficiently.

      Greg
    • Show all 22 messages in this topic