6872Re: [NH] A Tags INOP in MSIE, But OK in Firefox

  • Mick Housel
    Jun 8, 2010
      In IE8 go to Tools then Internet Options or go through the control panel
      to get to Internet Options. Click on the Security Tab in IE options then
      choose Local intranet and check you settings there. For Local intranet
      I've got it set to Medium-Low and have no issues with loading/displaying
      pages locally.

      I run Xampp which is a setup with an Apache server, PHP, MySQL, etc. on
      my Win7 64 bit box for in-house testing purposes before loading
      sites/updates to the World Wide Wackiness on my server.

      On 6/8/2010 1:51 AM, Rudolf Horbas wrote:
      > Hi Ray,
      > must run, can't dig into deeper into this right now, but here's a hint:
      > It's got to do with the IE zone model: IE thinks your local PC is more
      > dangerous than a website.
      > Try to search for "mark of the web" and you'll be fine.
      > Cost me quite some time and a few grey hairs (CD production).
      > HTH,
      > Rudi
      > > To All,
      > >
      > > For nearly two years now, the A tags on just one of the pages of the
      > mirror of
      > > my website on my local PC do not respond when the hyperlink is
      > clicked in
      > > MSIE. The A tags all work normally in Firefox. I thought the problem
      > would
    • Show all 22 messages in this topic