6721Re: [NH] Tidy Warning For

    Dec 6, 2009
      Ray Shapp wrote:
      >It WORKS!

      Yay! :-)

      >In all the variations of the style sheet I had tried, I preceded the "a" with
      >a period (and sometimes other stuff too) as in the following example of
      >incorrect coding:
      > .a:link { color: blue }

      For the record, that would refer to a any element with the class a
      but only apply to unvisited links with the class a.

      This is one of the reasons why it's often better to show the real
      thing, just as it is. Snips get changed more often than not.

      >I also am now using the language attribute in <body lang="en">.

      It's probably better to use lang with HTML. That way you cover the
      whole document, including TITLE.

      >I have a long way to go to get good benefit from style sheets, but I
      >feel I am
      >making progress.

      You'll get there.

    • Show all 14 messages in this topic