6711Re: [NH] Write Output From HTML Validator in Firefox

  • Ray Shapp
    Nov 24, 2009
      Hi Axel,

      Thanks for the quick reply.

      <<The validator uses the engine of HTML Tidy,>>

      Yes, I am aware. I am just at the beginning of the process of cleaning up the
      club's website which has had at least a dozen contributors over the past ten
      years. We have well over 2,000 web pages. During routine maintenance when I
      need to update a page, my approach has been to clean up the code "adequately"
      using the Tidy validator in Firefox sometimes and the Tidy clip in NTP at
      other times. The point of my question is to find a way to update the source
      code from within the HTML validator in Firefox. For example, a file I am
      working on this morning has an extra </table> tag. That's the only problem. It
      would be nice to just delete that one tag in the cleaned-up output screen
      rather than go back to the source file and hunt for the tag or to copy the
      entire cleaned-up output and paste it over the source document.

      The question to all: Can I do edits within the validator in Firefox (on files
      which are on my local PC)?

      Ray Shapp
    • Show all 5 messages in this topic