6687Re: [NH] Site check => IE 8 compatility problems

    Oct 25, 2009
      Mike Breiding - Morgantown WV wrote:
      > Anyone have any insight as to why?

      Mike, this is not what you or they want to hear, but my standard answer
      applies:
      Non valid code, gratuitous use of scripting without decent noscript
      fallback, placing of content into the background, which may be switched
      off.
      The CSS seems to validate alright, but with lots of warnings, a few of
      which warrant looking into.
      They harangue vistors to "update" to a browser of their choice, not the
      way to make friends. My standard IE by the way is 5.5.

      I can verify that IE 7 shows the slide show without captions (if I allow
      background wallpaper and make them a trusted site).

      Sorry, but unless and until they stop refusing to show the most basic
      willingness to make a half decent site I won't look into any specifics.