6638External CSS Style Sheet for Top Page

  • Ray Shapp
    Jun 6, 2009
      To All,

      I would like to use an external CSS style sheet to format the top page of the
      monthly newsletter I described in my earlier thread the subject of which was
      "Open a Folder of PDF files".

      My current thinking is that I will post all the content in duplicate. In one
      file, all the articles and "departments" for the month will be combined
      consecutively below a new kind of top page. That top page will contain links
      to each of the articles below it in that combined file. The top page will also
      contain links to a duplicate copy of each article which will reside in its own
      separate file. IOW, if I have a total of twelve articles and departments, I
      will post thirteen files that month.

      Here below is a sample of the layout of the top page:

      AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
      AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
      BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB
      BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB
      BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB
      CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
      CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
      CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
      CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
      DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
      DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
      DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
      DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
      EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
      EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
      EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
      EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
      FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
      FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
      FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
      FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
      GGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
      GGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
      GGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
      GGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
      HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
      HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
      HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
      HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
      IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII
      IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII
      JJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJ

      The layout has a better appearance when you copy the lines above into NTP and
      see it in non-proportional spaced font.

      The two header and the two footer areas span full width (lines A, B, I, and
      J). The body areas are split into two thirds and one third of the width. The
      right-hand third of the body (area Z) will contain a simple listing of the
      departments that appear in every issue such as contact info, the names of new
      members, the planets visible during the month, duty assignments for our staff,
      etc. The left-hand two thirds of the body area (lines C through H) will
      contain thumbnail images and brief descriptions of each contributed article.

      Please point me to an example of an external style sheet that I can customize
      or provide the basic elements of I style sheet that I can fill out. My aim is
      for the top page to fit neatly as printed output onto a single sheet of 8.5 x
      11 inch paper. From month to month, I will vary the vertical height of areas C
      through H as necessary to accommodate fewer or more than six contributed
      articles. Yes, that will probably mean I will need several versions of the
      style sheet, but over the course of a year, 3 or 4 versions will probably
      suffice.

      Thank you for your help.

      Ray Shapp
    • Show all 6 messages in this topic