6610[NH] Re: Newbie questions

  • Bruce Meyers
    Apr 8, 2009

      > John Wallace wrote:
      > > change the txt to htm in the default extension section.
      >
      > A reasonable choice IF that is what you want. NoteTab is rather a
      > powerful general purpose editor and when I want to start a new HTML
      > page from scratch I mostly use one of my templates or the "modify
      > document to HTML" option, so it is not for me.
      >
      > Axel

      I edit several websites as newsletters and I am often sent documents in many different formats - some .doc files, some .rtf files, some .txt files, etc. I copy and paste what I am sent into a blank NoteTab page and save it as a .txt file - the default.
      Then I use the Modify to html. NoteTab automatically creates a new page and when I click on Save As the file is listed as an html file. I then cut and paste the piece of that page into my newsletter page.
      I have two files: one is "newfile.txt" and the other is "newfile.htm". I can see what that page looks like by using any one of three methods: click on the globe, click on tools -> View In Browser, or simply press F8. My default browser is FireFox. I can also click on View in Alternate Browser (something like that) and get the page in IE7 (have not switched to IE8 yet)
      I usually delete both of these after I have cut and pasted what I need.
      I am writing this to add to the discussion about why I want to save files as .txt and then convert them. If I am creating a new page, I will, like Axel, use a template or I will have NoteTab create the basic page for me and modify it.
    • Show all 16 messages in this topic