6606Re: [NH] Re: Newbie questions

  • Jeff Scism
    Apr 8 7:46 AM
      I changed my default to .htm instead of .txt, because most of what I do
      is html pages. You can do that in View> Options> General Tab. I set mine
      to "%0.3d.htm"

      Axel Berger wrote:

      > hsavage wrote:
      > > To show properly in the browser it must be a complete html
      > > page, headers and all.
      >
      > Not so. I just tried this simple minded example:
      >
      > <H1>This</H1>
      > <P>
      > will be
      > </P><BLOCKQUOTE>
      > displayed.
      > </BLOCKQUOTE>
      >
      > and it was displayed in my browser without saving beforehand. The
      > only requirement is, it must be edited as NoName01.htm and NOT the
      > default NoName01.txt. In my setup I get this through "New Web Page"
      > but I believe the default for this command writes headers and all.
      >
      > Anyway, you can try it by using an empty <anyname>.htm and playing
      > with that.
      >
      > Axel

      Jeffery G. Scism, IBSSG

      ~~~~

      "It does not take a majority to prevail ... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men."

      Samuel Adams

      "Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclination, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence."

      John Adams
    • Show all 16 messages in this topic