6564Re: [NH] centering image for all monitors

  • Greg Chapman
    Jan 8, 2009
      Hi,

      On 08 Jan 09 19:14 MotoMania <motomania@...> said:
      > Glad that got things started. I try to stay W3C XHTML 1.1 and CSS
      > standard with any sites that I create or update.

      I understand that no modern browser actually renders true XHTML and
      simply converts the code to HTML and renders that. In consequence,
      there is little point in writing XHTML markup for web sites. These
      days XHTML is seen as a (rare?) blind alley up which the W3C
      travelled. Indeed, I believe there is now an W3C HTML v5 working group
      to update HTML for the modern environment.

      I confess that I have never bothered to check out these tales (from
      people I respect) which I read on other forums, but the snippets I do
      read elsewhere suggest that their remarks are true.

      These days my own sites use HTML4 STRICT (which obliges use of CSS).
      It certainly handles the vast majority of hassles I used to get with
      some browsers.

      Greg
    • Show all 20 messages in this topic