6558Re: [NH] centering image for all monitors

    Jan 8, 2009
      loro wrote:
      > But you shouldn't use pt as the unit. That's for print.

      One shouldn't use *any* fixed size for fonts. It is up to the user to
      set up his browser to suit his monitor and eyesight and up to us to
      respect these choices. This means the basic font size for normal text
      should never be messed with and all other sizes, big, headlines, and the
      "small print", ought to be expressed in units of em. Many sites are done
      so badly that the only sensible choice is turning off the rendering of
      CSS completely. Is this what we want to force our readers (and sometimes
      voters and customers) into having to do?

    • Show all 20 messages in this topic