6549Notetab Pro Browser Problem

  • Edward
    Dec 12, 2008
      I have my desktop working to a degree Notebook Pro when either of the "Browser" or the "Other Browser" are clicked on, the browser designated as the default browser opens. I will work on that later, as I am at my Notebook every time I click on either "Browser or Other Browser" I, get the error message that IE (Browser) or Opera (Other Browser) as follows:
      "Windows can not find C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe" or for Other Browser just put Opera\opera.exe. in the place of the two ie locations.

      Below is a copy of the browser.dat that has been taken from NoteTab Pro. What is telling Windows to look into the C:\ to try and find these two applications?

      There are two partitions on this laptop, one is C: it is no longer the main drive, it once was but it became so corrupted that I had to reinstall from my reinstall disks, when asked if I want to save the data on the C:\ and I said yes, so it created partition containing the old drive and created a new E:\ which is the operating drive. For one year now E drive has functioned as the "main drive" but I can go into the C: partition and run applications but it requires using Windows Explorer to get into it. I have removed most applications from it and transferred them to the E:.

      [ie]
      Command="E:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe -nohome"
      UseDDE=1
      Application="Internet Explorer"
      DdeCommand="E:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe"
      DdeExec="%1",,%2,0,,,,
      Topic=WWW_OpenURL
      Application_New=
      DdeExec_New=
      Topic_New=

      [Opera9]
      ;Add full path to Opera.exe file name below if you have several versions of the browser
      Command="E:\Program Files\Opera|opera.exe"
      UseDDE=0
      Application="Opera"
      DdeCommand="E:\Program Files\Opera\opera.exe"
      DdeExec="%1",,%2,0,,,,
      Topic=WWW_OpenURL
      Application_New=
      DdeExec_New=
      Topic_New=

      If I have any beliefs about immortality, it is that certain dogs
      I have known will go to heaven, and very, very few persons.
      -- James Thurber