6501Re: [NH] Strange characters...

  • Bob Gorman
    Nov 9, 2008
      Lotta & Axel Thank you, Thank you, Thank you.

      loro wrote:
      > I don't get anything fancy like that. Just question marks. :-(
      >
      > Character encoding mismatch. You declare UTF-8 on the server
      How? Where? How do I change it, if that is what I need to do?
      Is there an explanation about such matters?

      > but I guess you wrote the page in Notetab,
      Absolutely!
      > which means ANSI. Characters
      > other than the basic ASCII ones are encoded differently in UTF-8 and
      > ANSI/iso latin, so browsers throw a fit. Use ¹ and ² if you
      > want to declare UTF-8 on the server and all should be well.
      I did that and it worked well, but I have no clue why.

      > Or change to iso latin on the server if you want to type the
      superscript characters.
      Again, how do I do that?
      Something in the Head part of my html files?
      > Lotta

      Axel,
      I'll reply separately...

      Bob

      --
      If at first, you don't succeed; Parachuting is probably not for you!
      http://www.KnCell.org