      From: ntb-html@yahoogroups.com [mailto:ntb-html@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf
      Of Alan C
      Sent: Tuesday, August 05, 2008 1:18 AM
      To: ntb-html@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: Re: [NH] Looking for Resources

      On Mon, Aug 4, 2008 at 5:39 AM, LaurieK <ladyck3@...
      <mailto:ladyck3%40tx.rr.com> > wrote:

      > Loro,

      [ . . ]

      Alan,

      > MS Access is the what I'm using for the DB construction. [ . . ]
      >
      > Yes I am using a "form" within my "asp" page for the search..

      http://www.google.com/search?hl=en
      <http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla%3Aen-US
      %3Aofficial&hs=XIF&q=boolean+asp+microsoft+access&btnG=Search>
      &client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla%3Aen-US%3Aofficial&hs=XIF&q=boolean+asp+mi
      crosoft+access&btnG=Search

      At Google, I entered the next 4 words: boolean asp microsoft access

      http://databases.aspfaq.com/database/how-do-i-handle-bit/boolean-columns.htm

      at there if you scroll slightly down can seen (asp) form (boolean search)
      but it uses "post" instead of (alternative, maybe) "get", evidently uses 3
      asp pages to achieve the query AND it has at least slight bit of SQL in it
      too.

      Isn't this fun? (don't ask me, I know nothing about it the asp, access).

      I did do once, some time ago, I wrote a Perl--cgi interface to a

      http://www.mysql.com/

      database

      which is not Microsoft Access. not asp.

      on an irrelevant note: but I don't know if Mysql supports boolean or not.
      --

      Perl abstracts (keeps details of the SQL away from the Perl programmer)
      which my point is here that a Perl programmer not need to know SQL (Perl

      There's got to be perhaps some GUI app that abstracts (make it easier, more
      user friendly) as opposed to geeky, machine_y like when need to do (what are
      we doing here?)

      I guess (the goal) it is to construct an (boolean) asp query to query an
      access database

      http://forums.aspfree.com/code-bank-54/advanced-boolean-search-indexing-4347
      0.html

      turned up when I now just added abstract onto the google search, a new
      google search, thus:

      abstract boolean asp microsoft access

      (methinks google getting confused on that one [no abstract for/as a word
      returned]

      But it did turn up a code bank forum "advanced boolean search" at aspfree
      (oh, it appears that it may be a forum about the link Hugo posted about the
      Query.asp) where can ask questions.

      Alan.