6158Re: [NH] NoteTab and Safari

  • buralex@gmail.com
    Oct 26, 2007
      Marcelo de Castro Bastos <mcblista@...> said on Oct 26, 2007
      10:29 -0400 (in part):
      > Having that in mind, the idea is to take the same file and open it
      > sequentially, in IE, Firefox, Opera and Safari to look for rendering
      > problems. I can do it easily enough for the first three -- either from
      > inside Notetab (although additional "alternate browser" buttons would be
      > a good feature) or from Windows Explorer, by right-clicking and
      > selecting "Open With." Opera is the only one that needs "special
      > treatment." I mean, I'm *looking* at the damn file (either inside
      > NoteTab or in a folder), I shouldn't have to "browse to it" AGAIN. It
      > takes half a second to open a file in IE, Firefox or Opera; it takes
      > anywhere up to thirty seconds to do the same in Safari. THAT's the issue.
      Marcelo: did you try my suggestions in:

      The key point was that Safari appears to need "-url" in its command
      line. If this is done Safari can be set up as either primary or
      secondary browser in Notetab toolbar.

      I used to have a clip (lost when I migrated computers last year) that
      would allow user to choose from amongst any number of browsers to open
      in the selected browser either the current page or a selected link. It
      sounds like that is what you are after? It could be written to select
      more than one browser simultaneously and open in all four with one click
      if that's what you are after and if your system has the horsepower.

      Regards ... Alec -- buralex-gmail