6114Re: [NH] valid xhtml for flash

  • Marcelo de Castro Bastos
    Aug 9, 2007
      On the last exciting episode, aired on 9/8/2007 08:53, Adrien Verlee
      invited the wrath of the gods by saying:
      > W3C point to http://alistapart.com for valid code when inserting a film.
      > The code there is indeed valid, but I don't get it to work.
      > Perhaps in my case I need to point to http://video.google.com
      >
      > Is there someone you knows a site with valid xhtml where they used
      > the <object> element fore retrieving a film from a different server?
      > So I could look to the code?

      I don't remember where I got this tip from, but this code:

      <object type="application/x-shockwave-flash" data="your_flash_movie.swf"
      height="200" width="400"><!-- you can use CLASS and ID here also. DON'T
      use CLASSID or CODEBASE -- it breaks non-MS browsers -->
      <param name="movie" value="your_flash_movie.swf">
      <param name="quality" value="high"><!-- optional parameters; others
      also acceptable -->
      </object>

      passes XHTML 1.0 STRICT validation and works with most browsers.

      Marcelo
    • Show all 3 messages in this topic