6057RE: [NH] IE7 won't display graphic other browsers will - reply to Hugo

  • John Wallace
    May 30, 2007
      When using IE 7 (what I have now) when the browser tries to open a gif or jpeg, which is on my local hard drive, it won't show it.
      For example, if I have a link to a pic, it won't show it. ( < a href=pic.jpg> pic< /a>)
      It asks if I want to open a paint program.
      If the gif or jpeg is in a html page it will go ahead and show it.
      In other browsers it will show the pic.

      If it's on a server it'll work also

      Can you post some of the html around it?
      Also the case has to be correct.
      pic.GIF is not the same as pic.gif

      John Wallace
      Pontiac Power RULES !!!