598Re: [NH] Re: [NTB] Clip on File->Save?

  • Richard S. Smith
    Aug 1, 2000
      Grant, that's a clever and elegant solution. Thanks. Unfortunately
      it won't work for me because I have to support multiple browsers
      including Lynx, so relying upon JavaScript behavior is a non-starter.

      So, I'm back to my original question, which is, can I "hook" a menu
      event like File->Save and "bind" a Clip to it? It's looking more and
      more like the answer is "No", so I guess I'll just write the Clip to
      do the text substitution and then instruct my users to manually run
      the clip when they need to save.

      I'm a tad disappointed that I can't make it into a passive, automated
      process, though. I guess I'm spoiled by Emacs, which allows you to
      bind code just about anywhere. But if NT-Emacs weren't so unfriendly
      to novice users, I wouldn't be using NoteTab, now would I? :-)

      Thanks again for the help.

      Richard S. Smith / Email: rss@... / Web: http://www.idiom.com/~rss