5931Re: [NH] Crediting a Photograph

  • Greg Chapman
    Mar 26, 2007
      Hi Axel,

      On 26 Mar 07 13:21 Axel Berger <Axel-Berger@...> said:
      > Greg Chapman wrote:
      > > What's the simplest way to achieve the same result
      > > avoiding the use of <table>?
      >
      > A <DIV>?

      I knew that would be the standard answer, but <DIV align="center"> is
      not valid, and I was trying to think of the appropriate way to define
      the margins.

      > But why avoid it it? You want to display a group of related
      > information in tabular form, that's exactly what tables are for. You
      > are not abusing them for page layout here.

      I suppose that, in this example, the image and the accompanying text
      is related and perhaps it is legitimate to claim this is not table
      abuse.

      So, disregard the particular example for a moment and just answer, how
      one would use a <DIV> to align to a fixed width object that remains
      centered within the window.

      Greg

      Inbox full of spam? Get leading spam protection and 1GB storage with All New Yahoo! Mail. http://uk.docs.yahoo.com/nowyoucan.html
    • Show all 18 messages in this topic