5714Re: [NH] Clipbook / program to convert Word junk -> HTML

  • Julie
    Jan 3, 2007
      Hey Lotta

      >It's Word's curly quotes that give you trouble. They are non-standard. You
      >can turn them off in Word. I don't know what happens if you try to turn
      >them off on a document that already has them. Maybe if you turn them off
      >and then paste the text into a new document?

      It's also accented letters like √Čomer. Many of
      these are articles that have been posted in blogs
      that I've collected... I can't believe people
      posted that mess! A friend wants to repost them
      cleaned up, so I thought I'd see if there was an easy way to do this. :-)

      >Too bad about WordCleaner. It used to be free. :-(

      The site gives me six uses a day. The potential
      project isn't a rush at least... doesn't matter
      how long it takes, but I have a substantial
      number of articles to convert. Could take a while. LOL

      Julie