5650Tidy error output missing

  • BrianHulse
    Nov 1, 2006
      I recently re-installed Windows, and of course immediately installed
      NoteTab Pro 5.1/fv with Tidy.exe in \Program Files\NoteTab Pro 5.
      Here's my configuration file (same folder, named tidy.cfg):

      ===============================
      // HTML, XHTML, XML Options
      // accessibility-check: 1

      // Pretty Print Options
      indent: auto
      tab-size: 2
      wrap: 66
      wrap-attributes: y
      wrap-script-literals: y

      // Character Encoding Options
      // (none)

      // Miscellaneous Options
      tidy-mark: n
      write-back: y
      ===============================

      In NotTab Pro, when I use Ctrl-F7 or from the HTML menus run "Tidy
      HTML Code" and
      choose "Use HTML Tidy program (more options)", I no longer get the
      option to open Tidy's error output in another tab.

      When I run it from the CMD line it works fine, as shown in this example.

      ===============================
      D:\Program Files\NoteTab Pro 5>tidy -config ./tidy.cfg TidyTest.html

      Tidy (vers 30th April 2000) Parsing "TidyTest.html"
      line 20 column 1 - Warning: img lacks "alt" attribute

      "TidyTest.html" appears to be XHTML 1.0 Transitional
      1 warnings/errors were found!

      The alt attribute should be used to give a short description
      of an image; longer descriptions should be given with the
      longdesc attribute which takes a URL linked to the description.
      These measures are needed for people using non-graphical browsers.

      For further advice on how to make your pages accessible
      see "http://www.w3.org/WAI/GL". You may also want to try
      "http://www.cast.org/bobby/" which is a free Web-based
      service for checking URLs for accessibility.

      HTML & CSS specifications are available from http://www.w3.org/
      To learn more about Tidy see http://www.w3.org/People/Raggett/tidy/
      Please send bug reports to Dave Raggett care of <html-tidy@...>
      Lobby your company to join W3C, see http://www.w3.org/Consortium

      I switched back from the February 2006 version of Tidy to the April
      2000 version in case there was a difference there, but no change.

      Any ideas?
    • Show all 2 messages in this topic