5560Re: [NH] NoteTab Pro 5.0 beta #2 available
- Jul 20, 2006My main question (which doubles as a suggestion for the marketing of the
new version) is:
What are the major new features? Meaning, what is there to entice an
existing user to upgrade?
I found two new ones, but they might not even be the most important ones
for some users:
- New regexp engine -- apparently more powerful and closer to the syntax
used in Perl. I didn't test it yet, but I'm hoping that it will be also
faster and able to process larger find & replace requests.
- Support for working under a "limited user" account -- that is, it no
longer needs to have writing rights to the Notetab program folder.
That's besides some old known bugs that have been fixed...
Regarding the new regexp engine, two things I would like to see in the
1. Besides the full documentation about the new engine, a shorter
document highlighting the DIFFERENCES in syntax from the old engine to
2. I didn't check if it's even needed, but, if there's stuff in the old
regexp syntax that would have a different meaning in the new engine,
some sort of help converting clips would be very nice -- a conversion
guide at least, maybe a converter feature (implemented as a clip?) if
- << Previous post in topic Next post in topic >>