5242Re: [NH] Search Entire Web Site for Keywords; Tools for it?

    Oct 5, 2005
      Jody wrote:
      >I'm asking the following question on this list, because it is
      >HTML related, but please do not discuss any software,

      Oh. OK. :-P

      >Are there utilities (free preferred ;) that will search a whole
      >site for a keyword(s) and give at least the count?

      Yes.

      >(I'm trying to study why sites get high search result listings for certain
      >keywords,
      >FYI. I know there are tips out there on how to do it, but I would like to
      >actually survey sites myself to see what makes them so unique to
      >get top search listings.)

      I'm no expert, but I don't think keywords density is "it", even if the
      words actually occurring probably helps.
      At least when it comes to google I think it's more link popularity and the
      use of those keywords as link text and even in the context the link is
      placed in. Keyword uniqueness of course places you at the top too, even if
      no one actually searches for that term. ;-o)