5227Changing CMOS and Formatting Hard Drive

    Sep 29, 2005
      Hi All,

      I don't know when I'll have time to do this, but I have a new
      laptop. It is an HP with 100MB drive and a Phoenix CMOS.

      Can I replace a CMOS, like the pitiful one above with (I think)
      Megatrend or the one I want it that is the wrong name? If so, any
      pointers? Where do I get the CMOS that I want? Is it free
      normally? Can I copy it from another computer? Am I asking for
      trouble? <bg> So far, I cannot boot up into DOS with what I have
      available. It appears I can if I get a USB Floppy drive so I can
      then use PQ Magic without having to reformat the drive. It is now
      the NTFS format and I'll keep it like that when formatting.
      DISKPART won't let me create a partition/volume on the only MBR

      Take care,
      Jody Adair

      and even thou doest err some! ;)
      http://notetab.net, http://fookes.us