5182FYI: When & is Used in Address Bar Replacing &

    Jun 13, 2005
      Hi All,

      This is just a FYI problem about using a RegNow affiliate link
      replacing the ampersand with the HTML code for it: "&" is
      replaced with "&"

      These links work fine when clicked on within a web page. It is
      when it, the one with "&" in it, is pasted in the address
      bar, clicked on from an external program like eMail or NoteTab,
      or the command-line like Start | Run that the wrong page is
      opened. It seems to just be my RegNow links, at least that is all
      I could find.

      Correct page under the *conditions above*:
      http://www.fookes.com/regnow.html?2448&item=notetab

      Incorrect page displayed is pasted in the address bar and the
      other conditions listed above:
      http://www.fookes.com/regnow.html?2448&item=notetab

      Take care,
      Jody Adair