5116Re: [NH] FireFox Equivalent to Which version of Netscape

    Mar 14, 2005
      R Shapp wrote:
      >Does Firefox render web pages exactly the same as Netscape? The answer
      >probably depends on which version of Netscape is being used.

      If your copies of Netscape, Firefox and Mozilla are built on the same Gecko
      version they should render pages the same. I don't know, but I don't think
      there is a Netscape version based on the same Gecko as Firefox 1.0. But
      maybe there is. I just get the Mozzies.

      You can see the Gecko version on the Help | About screen and also in the UA

      Mozilla 1.7.5
      Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.0; en-US; rv:1.7.5) Gecko/20041217

    • Show all 6 messages in this topic