5028Re: [NH] FireFox and Extra Link/Page Opening

    Feb 6, 2005
      Hi John,

      (After writing this, I noticed mine quite working. I did not have
      an entry for [FireFox] in Browsers.dat - I found that out when
      working on the following. Now it does not work again.) So, here's
      information anyway... (I just uninstalled the Tab Mix and
      reinstalled and it worked one time and quit, like me, I quit too.
      Things change every time FireFox comes out with a new release. I
      don't use FireFox hardly at all so it is not much of a hassle to
      use it as is. You might try using Launch Document with something
      like E:\Browsers\FireFox\FireFox.exe ^** in the Custom Launch
      field in Options, or the Clip below. (Of, the exterior link also
      tries to open for me to google.com. I deleted all Histories and
      the Quick Search for Google, but no help as expected.)

      You need to make sure you uninstall other extensions, well, I
      would at least uninstall Tabbed Preferences because it will
      definitely conflict with Tab Mix. The next the to do is go
      through the setting in Tab Mix. I think the main feature you want
      to check is the one under Tools | Extensions | Tab Mix | Open
      links from other applications in: [Current tab]. There might be
      more; you'll need to go through and try them out.

      There's many other things to try. Some work for some people,
      other things for others, and yet, some don't get it working at
      all.

      The following is all I know to try if the above does not work. I
      have no other suggestions. Except for one. ;) If you add "-browser"
      without the quotes to the Browsers.dat file in NoteTab's main folder
      (see further below), it will open like a shell without the Toolbar,
      Address bar, etc.

      [FireFox] Command=E:\Browsers\FireFox\FireFox.exe -browser
      UseDDE=0
      Application=FireFox

      You can try entering Mozilla FireFox in your Browsers.dat file.
      You use the parent folder name that the .exe is in. Read Help on
      Browsers.dat Here's some examples; also see the Launch Document
      method below and the Clip.:

      [FireFox]
      Command=E:\Browsers\FireFox\FireFox.exe
      UseDDE=0
      Application=FireFox

      [Mozilla FireFox]
      Command=C:\Program Files\Mozilla FireFox\FireFox.exe -browser
      Application=FireFox

      [mozilla]
      ; This is an example submitted by Harvey on the NoteTab Basic yahoogroups discussion
      ; mailing list with some modification by Jody@... Specifically, the height and width
      settings, Application, and [section name=mozilla]
      Command=c:\mozilla\mozilla.exe -browser
      UseDDE=0
      Application=E:\Browsers\Mozilla\
      DdeExec="%1",,%2,0,,,,
      Topic=WWW_OpenURL
      Topic_New=WWW_OpenURL

      [Opera6]
      ;Add full path to Opera.exe file name below if you have several versions of the browser
      Command=Opera.exe
      UseDDE=1
      Application=E:\Browsers\Opera 6.2\Opera.exe
      DDECommand=Opera.exe /nowin /e

      [NetCaptor]
      Command=E:\Browsers\NetCaptor\NetCaptor.exe
      Application=NetCaptor

      You might also try configuring it in Custom Launch. You use the
      Launch Document icon to execute it. It will always open a new
      window though. You might get the tab extension and tabbed interface
      (I forget exactly what they are called, but configure it to always
      open in a new tab - not new window.)

      C:\Program Files\Mozilla FireFox\FireFox.exe ^**

      The ^** tells NoteTab to open the focused documents temporary file
      (all files needing saving) in program before it. FireFox in the
      example. If the file does not need saving then the saved file will
      be opened.

      A Clip would look like this:

      <--- Copy below this line --->
      H=View in FireFox
      ; eMailed on 09-14-2004, ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com, Jody
      ; notetab.net, clean-funnies.com, fookes.us, sojourner.us

      ^!"C:\Program Files\Mozilla FireFox\FireFox.exe" ^**

      <--- Copy above this line --->
      <--- Right click over a Library --->
      <--- Choose: Add from Clipboard --->

      http://www.notetab.net