5024Re: [NH] FireFox and Extra Link/Page Opening

    Feb 5, 2005
      Hi Alec, John, and Others,

      Do you have a link for the Mix Tab extension, or send it to me
      please. John, I had this problem once before with a previous
      version, but I forgot what I had to do in FireFox to fix it. Like
      mentioned awhile back, almost all FireFox (Mozilla as far as that
      goes) are caused by settings. I for one find numerous extension
      overlapping each other. I am quickly finding it best not to run
      any or just a few. I think some are needed though to get it to
      act right with NoteTab. (The two window thing has been an issue
      for many years with Netscape...) Eric has indeed spent a lot of
      time with the Mozilla family and in recent chats with him about
      it he doesn't think he can do anything about it. I know I had it
      working perfectly before by getting the right combination of
      options in FireFox. To me, the biggest problem with FireFox is
      the gazillion authors' stuff conflicting with each other causing
      bugs. (Yes, Alec, NetCaptor is my beloved browser. :) I find it
      the least buggiest and most reliable of any out there. It has its
      problems as well, but not near like the other - IMO.)

      However, I am the first to tell you that I'll always do my best
      to prove if a problem is in NoteTab or elsewhere. I, preferably,
      would rather have them in NoteTab and be able to be replicated so
      that Eric can fix the things. That is the problem in a nutshell
      though, because of the many bugs in some browsers and many
      features that add to the problems, it is nigh impossible to
      replicate them. ...and, as mentioned, a lot of time it is simply
      a matter of getting the "right" extensions in FireFox's case and
      setting the right features. Yes, using the open links from
      external applications seems to be a good setting in FireFox, but
      I cannot find that now. I'm uninstalling it all, cleaning
      registry and will start again. Yes, I did have the tabbed browser
      extensions installed.

      http://www.notetab.net
      http://www.clean-funnies.com