489Re: [NH] Form

  • Grant
    May 24, 2000
      > As far as I can see on your testbed page Opera tries to do the justify -
      > but with it's own idea of indenting in mind. There is nothing in the
      > HTML Spec that tells that the indent must be on both sides. Try a
      > <center>?
      > However, when you come to use CSS for fonts, use it for the indents
      > too, and you should be safe.
      > margin-left, margin-right for several indentation-classes, appropriate
      > class attributes to the <p> or even <div> tags - done.

      Yeah I was going to say something similar about Blockquotes. I know
      blockquotes, single px gifs etc are part of the arcane html wizard masters
      bag of tricks, but they really do make markup more difficult than it should
      be. To reiterate what stefansaid---That a browser
      chooses to display BLOCKQUOTE by indenting text is incidental to the
      meaning of
      the element.

      Given the structure of your document consists of a form and a few paragraphs
      I would mark it up with a form and a few paragraphs. The margins font-weight
      etc set with a
      stylesheet. The text you want hi-lighted marked up with inline emphasis and
      strong elements, and the style for these set in the stylesheet. Now the
      meaning of the markup is transparent in the BODY of the document and the
      documents content is easy to read and change in a text editor.

      font-weight: bold;
      text-align: justify;

      font-size: larger;
      font-style: normal;

      color: red;
      <form class="indent" action="javascript: void(0)">
      onclick="Openme('cbargrab.html')" />    <em>H=ClipBar
      Grabber</em>  (05-09-2000)</p>

      Clipbar including: .clb, .ctb, .ico, and .bmp. You must have all the Clips
      in a Library with the same name as the Clipbar .ctb file. After is collects
      all the files it needs, they are zipped up using WinZip. You need to look at
      the code and change the line for WinZip according to the comments above

      target="top">H=Button Cleaner</a></p>

      Some notes on Take 48

      in UL can only contain a LI element but if you want to nest unordered lists
      can contain UL
      A BLOCKQUOTE can contain P but a P cannot contain a BLOCKQUOTE
      Also watch for wellformedness
      The FORM and UL are not nested correctly. Think of that "container"
      If your UL contains FORM then you need to close FORM before you close UL.

      A plug..You might want to try my xhtml library which not only prevents you
      from making such illegal wraps but also tells you what you can legitimately
      wrap. It allso can prevent you from making wraps that are not well formed.
      <Lightbulb>I might add a info clipbar button so when the cursor is placed on
      an tag it will pop up a info box with advise on what can tags can follow.
    • Show all 22 messages in this topic