4781Background color for dropdown - possible?

  • Alec Burgess
    Sep 7, 2004
      When creating a form with a dropdown, is it possible to specify the
      background color?

      I'm working with a form where the user is asked to select a color in a
      dropdown and I'd like to be able to make the dropdown take the background
      color of the surrounding area so its possible to see which colors are "bad"
      because they won't show up.

      See sample HTML below my sig. I tried sticking a bgcolor="colorname" in both
      <form> and <select> elements to no effect which seems to be confirmed by
      looking at HTMLib "The HTML reference Library" by Stephen LeHunt.

      Regards ... Alec
      --

      <form>
      <select name="color">
      <option value="aliceblue" style="color: aliceblue;">
      aliceblue
      </option><option value="antiquewhite" style="color:
      antiquewhite;">
      antiquewhite
      </option><option value="green" style="color: green;">
      green
      </option><option value="aquamarine" style="color:
      aquamarine;">
      aquamarine
      </option><option value="azure" style="color: azure;">
      azure
      </option>
      </select>
      </form>